2021 International Convention
Due to the continuing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the board of directors voted to transition the 2021 Montreal Lions Clubs International Convention to a virtual event that will be delivered totally online. This decision was made with the health and safety of our Lions, staff and vendors in mind as limiting international travel and large gatherings is key to global containment strategies.
Although we are disappointed that we won’t be able to host this event in person, we are excited about hosting our first virtual international convention that can safely connect Lions from around the world. We are still finalizing the details of your new convention experience, and will share those with you as soon as they are ready.
Here are some important details about the 2021 virtual convention we’d like to share with you:
- Everyone’s invited – Our 2021 convention will be a virtual event that’s open to all Lions and Leos around the world.
- Registration fees – The registration fee will be US$50 until March 31, then US$75 beginning April 1. The registration fee for Leos will be US$30 regardless of date. Convention is currently scheduled for June 25-29. Additional event and registration details will be provided soon.
- Current registrants – Lions who are currently registered for convention will receive an email soon with more information about their registration options.
- Elections – Executive officer and international director elections will be conducted electronically, and voting procedures will be forthcoming.
- Convention updates – Check our convention website LCICon for convention updates and details as they become available.
This global health pandemic has forced us all to make decisions and changes that place health and safety first. However, we are optimistic that with each new day there is hope, and as Lions, we continue to find new ways to stay connected, safely serve our communities and continue our global mission of service.
We appreciate your understanding during this challenging time for our organization and the world, and thank you for your incredible service as a Lion.
Dr. Jung-Yul Choi